Membership is open to any area homeschooling family provided that they agree to the following:
- Prospective members will need to read our Statement of Faith and understand that while they are not required to agree with every point, they will be expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with Biblical teaching and generally accepted Christian conduct. This means that the conduct of any member cannot be allowed to damage the testimony of Christ as outlined in Col. 3:12-17 and Eph. 5:2.
- Prospective members must also understand the above stated purpose and conduct themselves accordingly.
- Members whose conduct violates the above two points may be asked to leave.
- If you are participating in any of our group activities, please remember that this is a commitment that does affect others. In the event that you must cancel and there is a fee or a limited number of spots for the event, we will not be able to refund your money. Please make arrangements to have someone else fill your spot and communicate that to the event coordinator with as much notice as possible. Thank you.
The benefits of LEAH Membership include:
- participation in Vestal LEAH meetings, field trips, and other activities
- participation in Region 6 LEAH sports, activities and events
- privilege to vote for new slate of officers to serve on Steering Committee
- discount on Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) membership
- discount on purchase of NYS LEAH Regulatory and Informational Manual
- subscription to NYS LEAH Quarterly Newsletter, "The LEAH Messenger"
- legal updates on issues affecting home education in New York State (via e-mail)
- invited to become a member of Vestal LEAH Yahoo Group which enables you to receive e-mail announcements and have on-line access to members’ contact information, as well as other pertinent Chapter information.
2017/2018 Registration Details
Registration Cost: $35
This is broken down as follows:
$30 NY State LEAH membership dues
$5 Vestal LEAH local membership dues
(sports/activites insurance is included in your NY State LEAH dues)
Register by Mail (we are NOT accepting online registrations)
Print out the attached form, complete it, and mail it with your check to:
Bill & Cheryl Moy
1223 Pops Hobby Lake Road
Branckney, PA 18812
Make your check out to: Vestal LEAH
God bless you and your families as you choose to educate and train them up in the way they should go!!!!